New to Our Church?
If you're checking out Karl Road Baptist church for the first time, we’re glad you are here! When you visit the church, you can expect to find a church family that has a love for each other and for the Word of God. On Sunday mornings, you can expect to find solid biblical teaching in our Bible classes and a worship service that seeks to glorify God and provide messages that are applicable to life. When you come to a worship service you can expect a mix of music – we have drums and an organ, we do hymns and praise songs, we have a choir and we get to sing along. You will see people from different countries and backgrounds and you’ll see some in suits and some in jeans. The bottom line is that we love Jesus and we love people and we welcome you to join us in that!
You may have already guessed that we value having a sense of belonging. That is belonging to God and knowing Him and that is experiencing a sense of belonging within the church family. Are you looking for a place to belong and a group with which to connect? We do belonging in lots of different ways, but here is a short list of some of the ways you could connect and learn if this church is a group with which you would like to belong:
- Small Groups: small groups are where people are loved the way they are, friendships are built, and members help one another in real and practical ways. Groups study the Bible and related topics, pray, serve others, and spend time sharing life with one another.
- Men’s Breakfast: each month the men of the church gather for a Saturday morning breakfast and spend some time praying and serving together.
- Choir: if you like to sing, the choir is a great place to get to know people and use the singing talent God gave you.
We also value building up our neighborhood as we build ourselves and our relationship with God. Here are a few examples of how we serve the residents of Northland:
- Youth Clubs: Activities for children and youth of all ages to have fun, make friends, experience new things, and learn about God’s love for them. This is absolutely free.
- Bed Brigade: we build twin beds and provide Northland neighbors with a needed bed of their own, completely free of charge.
- Mothers’ Day Out: A chance for moms (and dads!) to enjoy a few hours of free time while your kids interact with other children, learn Bible stories and verses, sing songs, and play. Register on our Mothers’ Day Out page.
- Reading Buddies at Valley Forge: each week during the school year, a group of folks from the church go the local elementary school to read with 3rd grade students.
- After School Club: A tutoring program available to children 3rd-5th grade. We provide dinner followed by adult assistance with math, reading and writing. There may be limited availability depending on our number of tutors. (Want to tutor? Let us know!)
We offer many other activities throughout the year, so check out the church calendar to find out how you can get connected!
We invite you to come and take it all in for yourself. Why not start next Sunday morning? Until then, our website should help answer many of the questions you may have about who we are, what we believe, and what we do. If you need anything else, just send your questions by email to our office and we'll get right back to you. Thanks for checking us out, and we hope to see you soon.